View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 08:13 PM   #4
DustinSW1627

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Great Day at Presque Isle

We had a great day on the Presque Isle Lagoons today. One Canoe and One Kayak, each with one paddler, gambled the weather man would be wrong and won that bet. We met at the put in and unloaded our boats in a little mist. Once we launched the Kayaker tried to convince the canoe guy to do the trip backwards but the trip leadership committee vowed to stick to the plan. The leadership committee was then called a few names about being stubborn and the like (all in good fun of course). We then continued on as planed and the sun came out to shine on our paddle. We exited the lagoons into a small bay then paddled out into Presque Isle bay. It was a little choppy but not to bad at all. We paddled past Perry’s Monument across Misery bay to Horse shoe pond. Once in Horse Shoe pond we did a lap looking at all the house boats. Once we left Horse Shoe pond we paddled back to Perry’s Monument for lunch and a bathroom break. Once back on the water we reentered the Lagoons for a very quiet paddle back to the cars with no one else on the water. I paddled this yesterday day and it was very crowded so that would be the bright side to the rain scare, we had the place to ourselves. We saw many many birds, including Eagles, Herons, ducks, and geese. At the take out we loader our boats and headed out. I couldn’t resist a stop at beach 8 for a quick, refreshing, swim in the lake. As soon as I got back to my car from my swim the sky let loose with all the water it was holding back. Drove most of the way home in rain but what a great day. Thanks for not making me paddle alone Steve. My schedule is very full the next 2 months but I could be convinced to do this again because I know a lot of people wanted to be there but couldn’t risk the weather with the hours of driving. Dustin
DustinSW1627 is offline   Reply With Quote