View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
burrowsj

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default November 4th, Little Beaver Creek- Trip

November 4th, Little Beaver Creek- Trip Leaders Mike Danko & Jonathan Burrows

Quote:
Since the Mahoning is unsafe for a club trip we see an opportunity to do an old favorite that is in a safe level. As of Nov 1st Beaver Creek is at 4.42 ft at 800 cfs. The lowest we can paddle the Beaver Creek is 3ft.
Due to the colder weather doing the whole 12 miles wouldn’t be a good idea. We are going to shorten the trip.

We will meet at 11:30 am at the Main State Park
12021 Echo Dell Road
East Liverpool, OH 43920
GPS 40.727505, -80.611647

We will end at Sprucevale take out at the group campgrounds. GPS 40.705813, -80.580362

This stretch is just over 3 miles and has many little class one rapids to make it fun and easy to do. Any kayak and open canoe will be ok.

After the take out I will see who would like to setup for a trip from Sprucevale to Fredericktown which is about four more miles and will end by going through town where there is a Class II rapid. Then a short walk to the cars. Parking is real tight in Fredericktown so we will need to leave only a couple of cars there.
After the trip threw Fredericktown I will see who would like to go to dinner as Calcutta has a couple of restaurants we can stop at on the way home.

Mike Danko
Conact Mike or myself if there are any questions.

Last edited by burrowsj; 11-02-2012 at 11:34 AM.
burrowsj is offline   Reply With Quote