View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #8
flagsracer9

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Mike's dad has a shorter version of the one Chuck suggested. It's a 9'(?) Dagger Zydeco. I have used it several times. It is really comfortable and handles well. I took it thru some smaller whitewater rapids and on flatwater. It's not technically for whitewater, but handles well enough to get thru smaller stuff. I did class 1 & 2 rapids in it & had no problems(well boat-caused problems). The shorter version doesn't have a dry compartment though. It wasn't quite as stable as Mike's Swifty, but pretty close. It turns much easier then the swifty though. I really like it, you can ask Mike, I was constantly asking to take it instead of the Swifty after using it the first time. If you are looking for straight flatwater, it's probably not the fastest boat out there but I have no trouble keeping up in it either. I just bought my Ethos from ORE(Outdoor Recreational Equipment) in Boardman/Youngstown & they were wonderful to deal with! (330) 782-2004 I know they sell & carry Dagger products. If you want something not in stock, they will order it. I got the call today that mine is in, and I ordered it exactly 2 weeks ago.
Jessica
flagsracer9 is offline   Reply With Quote