View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 08:23 AM   #14
KenM

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Mahoning_Lowellville to Covert Rd 10-8-17

This was our first time on this section of the Mahoning. We were pleasantly surprised at the rural nature of the river and with the swiftness of the current even though the we were told the water level was on the low side. The two chutes were fun. I had more fun on the downstream of the chutes, testing my skill (or is that my luck?) crossing the big waves in a boat not intended for such activity.

Having a pleasant fall day, somewhat cloudy and warm, and a nice group of paddlers added to the trip. Ken and Cheryl had a good time. I also checked that at noon Sunday the Lowellville gage was at 2.89 ft (541 cfs).

Thanks again to trip leaders Jessica and Mike. And dinner afterward? At least "I" had a good dinner after the paddle.... even if it did take an hour to get served. On the plus side... nobody got hurt when Cheryl went to the kitchen to see where her dinner was!

For your amusement or future reference, below is a map of the paddle and shuttle of this trip that I made for my records. [ jpg may be a bit fuzzy. I have a clear pdf if anyone wants a better image ]

TCT_Lowellville to Covert Rd_10-8-17-1.jpg

Last edited by KenM; 10-10-2017 at 08:30 AM.
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KenM For This Useful Post:
jimbo  (10-10-2017), mfdanko99  (10-10-2017), suram  (10-10-2017)