Thread: Presque Isle
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 06:39 PM   #4
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Red face

A really nice turn out for a paddle that was a little tougher than I thought it would be.
18 total showed up, 15 kayaks and 2 canoe.
We made from the put in through the lagoons but due to high water we couldn't go under the bridge to lunch area.
In route to the bridge we fought a hard strong head wind that kicked my butt in the canoe.,
On the way back Ken's meter read at least 15 miles per hour wind guess and the water level was rising. With the winds we had whitecaps were forming in the lagoon. The bay was easily 2-4 ft. waves or more
The water level rose at lease 9 inches at the put in from when we started to the end of our journey.
After many decided they had enough when we got back to the launch we all helped loading each other stuff up.
Mary K, Kate, Kerry, & Myself went back out in to Misery bay. Ken and Cheryl joined us to the mouth of Misery Bay.

the four of us made it to Perry's monument, but I had to fight like crazy to get back the bridge where it goes back into the lagoons.

Over all a good trip, nice weather with a little thunder & a sprinkle or two. Lots of clear to partly sunny skies and some crazy, I mean crazy winds.

Mike
JPTolson  (06-26-2017), Mary Kane  (06-27-2017)