Thread: June 9th Paddle
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 06:56 PM   #17
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile

The Paddle ended up going very well. I counted 59 paddlers in 58 boats. The canoes were out numbered again 54 Kayaks to 4 Canoes.

Having the Trumbull County Sheriff Dive team there was awesome and really enjoyed talking to them.
The Girard Fire Department came out in force. Total of 8 of them in three boats and a ATV.

No one fell in so they didn't get to throw any ropes as one fire fighter was disappointed. They were able to stay with the group up to the Trumbull County Line.

The group got really spread out after the rapid but it actually worked in our favor making the portage at the dam easier and the take out at the B&O.

Big thanks goes to Ed Hahn for staying up front while Ron & I were in the middle. Also a big thanks needs to go to Mark & Jodi for staying as the sweepers.

Sue, Tim, Mark M, Ed, Mark V and myself all had radio's. I am a little disappointed with the radio's. Looks like the max range on the river is about a mile. I was never able to reach Ed after the rapids, but I could connect with Tim who was in the middle of the group.

Thanks also needs to be given to Rich Allen for coming and helping with the launch, take out at the B&O and the ride back to Girard for Kristen and myself to get our trucks.

The FOMR had a great plan that allowed TCT to do the paddle with ease.

Thank you to all members who came out and helped. I counted 18 TCT members.
Thanks again
Mike