View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #9
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Big thank you goes to Mark & Jodi. They put a lot of time and effort in Buckaloons weekend. Thanks also goes to Dustin and his chickens for suppling eggs for breakfast.

I arrived Saturday afternoon and got to hang out with Jodi by the fire until the group got back from paddling.

On Saturday there were 7 paddles in 5 kayaks and 2 canoes.

They did part of the Conewango Creek to Buckaloons. I was told there was a lot of bumming and scraping and Mark getting stuck on a rod and Stan helping him out.

Sunday after breakfast we had 7 paddlers in 3 canoes and 2 kayaks made the trip from the Kinzua Dam to Point view park in Warren, PA.

It was 8.32 miles section that allowed us to go in and out of the island and paddle threw the refinery rapids. What made this trip great was Jodi paddling an old town next canoe and doing a good job and me having Addi (Dustin's Daughter) as my bowman.

Had a blast at the rapid as Dustin and his daughter walked up for a second trip and so did Addi and myself.

I am so proud of Addi, after the first time through she set up a perfect bow move to allow us to catch a good eddie. Then she helped me with a great ferry right in front of the rapid.

I was only there a day and half, but it was a great little vacation before heading home.

It was also really nice to see Judy and meet her husband Jeff. They made the trip from Ligonier, PA

Thank you Mark and Jodi
Mike

Last edited by mfdanko99; 09-23-2020 at 07:11 PM.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote