View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry

I know the Mahoning needs clean, but totally removing all the damn will make a seasonable paddle, instead of year round.
Have you be down the Mahoning? Do you know there are some nice rapids!!
Every time we take someone down they are surprised by the Mahoning River.
I mean all of it, From Newton Falls to Warren (Now a State Water Trail!!)

The Section from Mill Creek all the way to Mahoning town were the Mahoning River ends and Starts the Beaver is a section with great views and some good rapids.

I would love to see the sediments get cleaned out and there are companies who do that and wouldn't have to remove all damns.

I talk to a group who as done work on Buck Creek in Springfield OH and they had Earth Tech clean the river and then took the damns and redid them to make a white water park by making a chute threw the damn. and still hold back some water as well.

Also there is a thing threw the corp of Army engineers that states at least a foot of water ( give or take the exact mount) makes it to new castle pa at all times.
By rmoving so many damn we could end up below that then draining Mosquito Lake, Lake Milton, and Berlin lake to below what they need.

I have said it once and I will say it again, if someone thinks the mahoning is really a bad river and not worth using, then I dare you to step in a Canoe or Kayak and I will prove you wrong.
That is my beef with this friends of the mahoning, they don't know what the river is like and haven't been down it like we have.
Mike Danko
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote