View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 08:28 PM   #1
Ambridger

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Canoe City - Saturday - 11am

CANCELLED: The gauge has continued to climb through the night. In the interest of safety, despite having already loaded boats and gear onto the car, I am cancelling. We shall live to paddle another day.

UPDATE: Folks, I'm watching the gauge. I'm told max is 7.5, but I don't want to max run it. The overnight forecast is looking good, but I will post a definite GO or NO GO at 8am.

CANOE CITY - SATURDAY 11am : So as club members know, we were scheduled for an event at Canoe City this Saturday. I make my schedule about two months ahead of time, and I selected this day to be at Canoe City, so I shall be at Canoe City. I need to get out of the house and paddle! I'm planning to do a float from Swift Park down to Canoe City. The plan is to be at Canoe City at 11am. I'm bringing two vehicles to self shuttle. I believe Mahoning River Adventures will be operating as a shuttle option - not sure of their availability - you may want to check with them if you desire to utilize them. I'm not sure how everyone feels about group shuttles at this point, and I don't want anybody to be uncomfortable. I would suggest you bring your mask, as as a courtesy, should you shuttle with another person. And I am watching the weather and river levels, as it is to rain the next two days. I hope some of you will come out and join the fun. Don't forget to bring a lawn chair to sit and kibitz afterwards. Give me a shout with any questions.

Last edited by Ambridger; 05-30-2020 at 05:41 AM.
Ambridger is offline   Reply With Quote