View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
paul isaac

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

1 I found a friend and myself paddle scouting South Branch Of the Blicklick Creek. While it has a couple Class lll rapids with several fun play spots, we had a couple of portages. The scenery was pretty good for the most part and I hope to get back, but the distance and the required water flow may make it difficult.

2 Showing fellow paddlers some new Quality H2O{Neshannock} is always a good thing. Hoping to expand your horizons further this coming year.

3 Meeting friends new and old that want share the beautiful scenery or the challenge of improving paddling skills.

4 I don't feel that I have a bomb proof roll, but about 9 of ten is pretty good.

5 Stern squirts and bow stalls are a blast, as is side surfing in a hole when you are not certain you can get out upright.

ON the down side I had a couple of inconvenient shuttles

1 In WV Matt and I paddled a ll-lll section of the New. The shuttle took an hour and one half to drive 12 miles. I took another route to finish the shuttle after the float.

2 AN early spring peddle-paddle on East Sandy Creek turned into a chore. After a fantastic solo I found myself pushing my bike about 6 of the 7 miles. the reason for the push? Three to four inches of heavy granular ice. Niether the put in or the takeout had ice on the bike trail.
paul isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to paul isaac For This Useful Post:
JPTolson  (12-24-2014)