View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #6
Chris

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Highlights:
I had 3 highlights this year. First, the trip on the Mahoning from Lowellville to Wampum. The water was high but very easy to paddle for someone new to this sport. Seeing all the life on that river was very uplifting--especially the eagles and the herons.

My second highlight was the trip that stopped in Foxburg. The day was just beautiful! I enjoyed the paddleing as well as the stop in Foxburg.

Volunteering for Riverfest on the Mahonning is also a highlight for me. It is wonderful to see so many people getting out on the river and using it--especially the kids. I hope the experience stays with them and that they will do things to help promote that river's continued growth back to being healthy water.

I had only one lowlight--a trip I did not do! The spring trip on the Neshannock seemed out of my skill range. I had been over the river to and from work all the week before and it was high and fast, and I knew it was cold. I didn't have the right clothes for the water conditions if I fell in and I was sure that my skills had not reached the level needed to handle the water successfully. But, one on my New Year's resolutions is to try more challenging water. This is the group to do it with! There are plenty of good and willing teachers. I just need to get myself out to buy the gear I need.

For me it was a good year of paddling!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:
JPTolson  (12-27-2014)