View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 06:57 AM   #12
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Trip Report

A gorgeous day on the creek. Temps in higher 60's, and water level at Grimms Bridge was 4.5ft.
We had 19 paddlers (16 Kayaks, 3 Canoes)
Everyone made it through Fredrickstown with no problems. We went more river left to the chute then going to river right.
We still had 3 1/2 carnages. One was assisted by a Kayak Rescue Vehicle (aka a Canoe as JP calls it) to get the paddler across the creek back to his boat were it was recovered and ready to go.

The other two were right after the sand beach break area, and the 1/2 was me Jumping/Slipping and falling out of my canoe to check on the other two on shore.

It was nice to have Steve Preston up front and allowed me to hang in the back and talk to everyone as we floated down a very scenic creek.

I am also very happy to report the two way radios again came in handy on the trip. I really do believe they are a great asset to the club.

After the paddle Rich Allan and I were talking and it is amazing to think how far some traveled to paddle Beaver Creek. From Alliance, down to Wintersville and across the border down to Hanover Pa.

Thanks again and hope to see everyone on the river

Mike

Last edited by mfdanko99; 04-25-2017 at 09:59 PM.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mfdanko99 For This Useful Post:
jerry lyda  (04-26-2017), JPTolson  (04-25-2017)