View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 07:54 PM   #4
DustinSW1627

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Thanks for paddling Cook Forest

Had a great day on the Clarion River today with 4 of my daughters and a nice group of people. For starters the water level was at 3.43 ft. That makes for a little nicer paddle then August last year when we did it at 1.83. We had 11 boats with 14 paddles. We had 3 canoes and 8 kayaks. The extra paddles, not solo, were Mark’s nephew, Alex with him in a tandem kayak and me with 2 of my daughters in our trusty Luna Puna( 17’ Grumman My grandmother named Luna Puna and I took my first trip down the Clarion in her when I was 2) There was also a surprise visit from Garrett paddling solo in what my daughters and wife have named the “yellow mermaid” aka his old aluminum Yellow Sea nymph canoe. He brought up the rear as usual and we were happy to have him and the yellow mermaid watching out for us. We stoped for ice cream at Cooksburg Dry goods and a quick stop at the sawmill stone dam. It was to cold to swim at all and especially under the dam. Just past hemlock island we saw a deer swim across the river and a bald eagle watching over us and it’s nest. Great day with great people. Thanks
DustinSW1627 is offline   Reply With Quote