View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
Carol P

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking New to "yaking" not new to H2O

Hello all...

While my husband is out of town, I went and bought my first kayak today. (He'll get one when he gets home, I just couldn't wait!) It's raining, and I'm looking at puddles in a whole different light now!! For years I've wanted to kayak the Little Beaver Creek in the spring - I used to work in the area and would sit along the bank and watch as the current flowed and wished I had a kayak to see more of it. That deep seeded need took me to Ohiopyle a few times to WW, but after being in a raft with tourists paddling in all different directions, I needed to just be responsible for my own fate and rent a "Duckie" and chart my own water (ok, so the guides were near by, I cheated!) but at least if I went in the drink, it was because of something I did, not because of someone else. That'll be the only way I go down that river from now on...

Yet, I bought a used 'yak' from a guy who lost his job and needed to spend time job hunting and not 'yaking' - (Priorities??) and now am ready to venture out and hit some water. I live "close" to Trumbull county, does that count?? Near Hartville Kitchen....I don't see the attraction, but many do and that's ok.

I'd like to kayak with your group on your next trip down the Little Beaver since that's where my desire for kayaking started....how do I get an invite to your April 17th run?? Do you have other women who kayak as well? Please either PM me or post here if you will on what I need to do to become involved in your organization.....it's still raining and the puddle in my backyard is getting larger - I'm so excited!!
Carol P is offline   Reply With Quote