View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 02:00 PM   #5
Ambridger

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

I had been wanting to do Tionesta Creek for quite some time, but each time this trip came up, the stars just didn't line up for one reason or another; and at first, this year did not seem to be an exception. Due to low water, Jim had switched the trip to the Allegheny, however, in the days leading-up to the weekend, the rains came and brought the creek back up. We launched on Saturday morning from an established ramp in Sheffield, with a level of about 3.7 on the gauge, and that was an awesome level. The current was moving, but not swift; we paddled along effortlessly. At this level, the creek had a nice mix of riffles, waves, and a couple slightly technical class two spots. I'm happy to report nobody went for a swim. We camped at a nice, primitive site adjacent to Logan's Run. On Sunday we completed our trip, taking out at Kellettville. We lucked-out with the weather as well; hardly a few drops of a passing sprinkle fell while we were around the camp fire. My thanks to the two Jims for leading this trip. Tionesta Creek did not disappoint.

Last edited by Ambridger; 05-06-2021 at 05:10 PM.
Ambridger is offline   Reply With Quote