View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 08:02 AM   #5
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Trip Report

What a picture perfect day on Little Beaver Creek. Like John Paul mention it was nice not to portage the log just down from the put in. With the higher water level than past trips Fredericktown rapids were easier with no one going for a swim.
We had a smaller group than I though would show, but we found out the new radios will come in hand.
Ed was near the front and I was in the back and we were able to let each know when we needed to hold up and make sure everyone was ok. It also nice that Stan has is own radio and uses it with our two.
I see them becoming a very important role for future trip.

We also got to see and immature bald eagle, with all the natural beauty of this creek.

At the lunch stop after Grimms Bridge we ran into a pack of paddlers that were coming from Darlington Pa down to the Ohio River. It was nice to talk to them and see another group out on a perfect day.
Thank to all who paddled this trip as it was nice to catch with some members and see many old friend.
Afterward a small group stopped at the Steel Trolley for a good dinner.

Paddlers-John Paul, Ron, Chuck Miller, Ed Hahn, Ed Rigby, Mary K, Steve, Chuck, Bruce & Diane, Stan, Bob Danko, Jessica, Wayne and myself.
Will Post pictures.

Mike
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote