View Single Post
Old 04-30-2023, 08:29 AM   #1
DustinSW1627

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Clarion River Memorial Day Float

Trip Leader- Dustin Noel
When- Monday May 29th
Where-Clarion Forest Canoe Launch - T309, Clarington, PA 15828 (T309 is also called river rd)
This isn't the launch by the ranger station in Cooksburg- It is 4 Miles east of Cooksburg

Time 10:00
Distance- 7.5 Miles
Class I Rapids

Please join Trumbull Canoe Trails and the Noel Family for a Memorial Day paddle down the Clarion River. We will meet Monday May 29th at the first launch on River Rd in Cooksburg PA. Pale Whale calls this the 4 mile launch. We will meet there starting at 10 am unloading the boats. By 10:30 we will shuttle the cars to the take out at Gravel Lick. The first half of this trip will be through the Heart of Cook Forest State Park. There is always the chance to see River Otters on the Clarion. At about the halfway mark we will stop at Pale Whale store for restrooms, food, and Ice Cream. Once we are done at Cooksburg cafe we will continue on down the Clarion leaving Cook Forest State Park and entering into a much less traveled section of the river. This section has an eagles nest that is lovely to see. We will make one more stop at Henry’s Dam to look at this 1860 stone dam made for the logging industry. Some of you(my kids and I for sure) may want to dunk your head under the dam to feel the almost freezing mountain stream. This is a very enjoyable paddle that I hope you will experience once
DustinSW1627 is offline   Reply With Quote