View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 06:20 PM   #3
DustinSW1627

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Members Arrested

Has anyone been arrested on a club trip? We had a great day paddling from the Pymatuning Dam to River Side Park in Greenville. We had 11 boats with 13 paddlers. We had 2 canoes and 9 Kayaks. We woke up at camp, started packing up our camp gear, and headed for the launch. Unfortunately the road leading to the launch was closed do to repaving. Several club members asked around and did not get a clear answer if we could still use the launch or not. Several of us risked it and unloaded at the launch. While I was at the launch another unnamed member asked park officials where we were and they told them “the road is closed they can’t been down there”. I feel this tipped them off to our illegal activities. Once everyone was at the launch we quickly got all the cars away from the scene of the crime. Garrett lives in Greenville and was nice enough to help with the shuttle so we would not have to leave any cars in the crime area. My car fit all 8 drivers so we drove back up to the launch in it and Garrett was to drive it back to Greenville and leave it for us. Once we pulled into the launch my kids were waving there hands frantically saying we need to get the car out of here before we get a ticket. Apparently while we were shuttling a park ranger arrived and was ticketing cars within the vicinity of the launch for not adhering to the road closed sign. In our absence there was a member who was sweet talking the park ranger keeping him on the cool. Garrett wanted to socialize but I told him to get moving in my car before I got a ticket. It was too late the Ranger spotted us and came over. Sweet talking started once again from all members. We were informed no more car traffic on the roads the damage was done we were all unloaded. We got on the water without anyone being arrested, no tickets, and had an amazing paddle. We tried one rope swing, Enjoying a nice lunch spot, and enjoying all the maneuvering we had to do around obstacles. A big Thank you shout out to Mike and Ralph for all their help, Stan for taking the lead, and Garrett for Driving driving the get away car. We did have one swimmer but we were able to complete a boat over boat rescue, that we learned the day before. The only fatality was a walkie-talkie. I hope I did not over dramatize this but my kids found it to be most exciting. Also I hope that there are no hard feelings from the member I am picking on that Alerted the authorities to our whereabouts, resolve the issue by sweet talking the authorities, went swimming, and drowned my walkie-talkie.

Last edited by DustinSW1627; 08-01-2022 at 07:13 PM.
DustinSW1627 is offline   Reply With Quote