View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 09:02 AM   #9
KenM

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default thanks from K & C

Another thanks to Sue for this event... it was an enjoyable evening. What a nice evening to be out on the water. You sure hit it right this year.

K & C only paddled up a little beyond the second bridge so stopped short of the camp area. We paddled along with Romaine and Wayne until heading back. I like that area the best as it's somewhat narrow and dark and quiet. Occasionally we saw/ head some other paddlers across the lake and wondered where that group of 28 other paddlers we saw at launch had disappeared too? We only paddled a bit over 4 miles by the time we got back. Cheryl spotted a shooting star on the way back.

We intended to leave early as we had a full day scheduled on Saturday with a group of wildflower people. We got back and loaded the boats and went back up to the house. Ron was there but went back down to the water with Ray so we thought we would stick around to keep an eye on the house. It was about 12:30a when Sue came walking up. We said our goodbyes but left before the group got back. Forgot about the chairs by then so will get them another day.

I will confess that getting to bed at 1:30am is Waaaay beyond my bedtime. I spent most of Saturday standing out in a field on a beautiful, hot sunny day thinking about a nap.

KenM
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote