Thread: Clarion River
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 12:12 PM   #6
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Trip Review

It was a beautiful summer day up on the clarion. We had a nice turn out of TCT members and a couple of friends of Dustin's.
We had a total of 19 paddlers in 16 boats (13 kayaks & 3 Canoe's) for our 8 mile paddle.

Water Level was low 2.0 Ft Cooksburg's Gauge. We launched from Cooks Forest Launch and the first 4 miles we had no trouble with water level, just had to read the water for the channels.
In the first 4 miles we stopped and jumped off a rock into a swimming hole. Ron & myself seal launched his kayak off the rock (tons of fun)
Then just a little bit down river we stopped for Ice Cream. That is correct Ice Cream on a paddle!!!.

After cooksburg is were we found out 2ft of the gauge is to low from cooksburg to gravel lick.
Before all the portages we got to stop at an old dam with a awesome little water fall with a nice pool to swim in. That water was REALLY COLD compared to the clarion.
Several spots were we had to get out and walk. There was one spot everyone had to get out and walk, I got to be Ron's mule for about a football field length. It was really rocky so I pulled his boat threw the roughest part.
Thank also goes to Garret for also helping out.
We all made it through and enjoyed each others company.
Big thanks goes to Mark & Jodi Vallecorsa for doing the shuttle for the paddle.
Thank you Dustin for leading your second trip in a month.
Mike