Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Buckaloons Camping

Buckaloons Camping:
Warren PA
Sept 18 – 20
Allegheny River & Conewango Creek – sections TBD
Trip leaders – Mark & Jodi Vallecorsa

I’ve recently learned that Rich & Patty will not be leading the trip to Buckaloons this year. I, however, made a site reservation months ago, and scheduled vacation time to be there ….. soooo, at the Swift Park trip, Jodi and I sort-of inherited this trip. Honestly, we’re both really looking forward to getting away, and up into the woods for a great weekend of camping and canoeing. And we hope folks will join us. A recent check of the Buckaloons reservation system revealed that there are indeed sites available. If you have never been, Buckaloons has electric and primitive sites, water spigots, a spacious shower house with hot showers, and typically has on-site ice and fire wood.

Typically, Rich and Patty set up a camp kitchen that could feed an army; and I know, many of us have enjoyed that immensely. While Jodi and I are not quite prepared to rise to the culinary standard that Rich and Patty have set, I don’t want to lose that mealtime comradery. Following the model of past years, we will cook a communal dinner on Friday and Saturday nights, and ask that members contribute to defray the cost. Everybody will be responsible for their own breakfasts, lunches, and beverages. We will need to know who intends to partake in the communal dinners by TUES SEPT 15.

We will observe Corona precautions during shuttles, so please be prepared to wear a mask and have vehicle windows open. Please feel free to contact me if anybody has questions. 724-601-9801 (Mark's cell)

Let’s keep this club tradition alive.

Mark & Jodi