View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default French Creek-May 5th

We will do a trip on the lovely French Creek from Utica to Franklin on May 5th. We will meet at the boat launch on Elk St. in Franklin at 10am and shuttle as few cars as possible to the launch in Utica. It is about a 11.5 mile run which could take up to 4 hours to complete, so you might want to bring some snacks or lunch for the trip. This is generally an easy run with only one real rapid near the end. What I like is the scenery and the many little islands and channels you can go around on this run. In fact I got in trouble with some members last year when I got behind and they waited for me on the right side of an island and I slipped by on the left side not knowing they were waiting. They caught up with me about an hour later.
Minimum water level for this run is 2ft at the Utica gauge. The nice thing about this location is if the French is too low, we can go down to Fisherman's Cove on the Allegheny as an alt. run.
Remember, MAY 5th, 10AM, ELK St. boat launch in Franklin.
Questions?? Contact me - eartt16@aol.com or 330-568-1619
Ed
Lee3553  (04-27-2013)