View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 11:47 AM   #5
brucea

Location: Chippewa Township, Beaver County, Pennsylvania. 15010 (Beaver Falls)
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

High Points
1. Youghiogheny River – Ohiopyle – Middle Yough - This is a great place to paddle moving water as the Middle Yough is canoeable year round. Dianne and I made three trips down the Middle Yough in 2021. The best was when JP Tolson and Jan Wolf joined us. We camped, biked, canoed, and shared some fine drink and food. Good times with good friends. Looking for more good times at Ohiopyle. Video is uploaded to youTube.

2. The Greenbrier River in West Virginia. Another great place for whitewater, mostly wave trains. We enjoyed it so much that we missed our takeout. LOL! Video uploaded to youTube

3. Connoquenessing Creek -Taking Mike and Jess on a new section of the Connie. Mike has wanted to do other sections of the Connie for years and I’m so glad we were able to make it happen.

4. Beaver Creek – We always love the challenge of Beaver Creek. It was the first trip we took of the season. We paddled with Mike, Jess, JP, and Ron.

Low Points

1. Death of Ron Eells. The loss of Ron was huge to everyone. He helped all of us with our paddling skills. When joined the Club our intention was to enjoy easy flat water. Ron inspired us to go to the next level and into moving water.

2. Missing the take out at the Greenbrier River. I walked about 2 miles while hitchhiking. I was picked up by a preacher (thank God) and he gave me a ride back to the campground to get my trailblazer.

3. Failing to maneuver Eagle Rapid on Beaver Creek. It will be conquered in 2022.

4. Not getting on Raccoon Creek – I’ll have to some work to keep the put in free from weeds and bushes.
brucea is offline   Reply With Quote