Thread: Foxburg
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 05:26 PM   #4
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Trip Review

What a great Sunday Paddle. The weather was perfect, and the water temperatures was nice with a good current. 4502 cfm USGS Parker Gauge.

A big turn out for this paddle as it seems to grow every year.

Total of 58 members showed up for this event. 4 didn't paddle, 3 paddle straight through/ quick stop, and 51 ate at the Allegheny Grill.

45 Kayaks, 5 Canoe's & 1 tandem Kayak.

The shuttle set up was great and went off better than I expected. We had it set up as soon as you unloaded to have the drivers head to parker with maps. Then we did different times shuttles back to the put-in. I had it set up were I was the last to leave Emlenton to Parker and caught the last shuttle back with the help of Steve Preston.

We were on the water by 10:35 and made it to Foxburg a little after 11:30. We had the whole back bar room and with plenty of room if we needed more seats with the bar.

After a great meal and walking around Foxburg we slowly made our way back to the water and paddled down to the swimming hole. Many of us enjoyed the swim and the annual jumping off the bridge abutment. Tom Smith will forever live TCT lore for jumping off the actual bridge, and of course I had to follow. It was a blast but my backside it paying the price for it. We played around for 45 minutes or so and headed to Parker, were everyone helped each other load up and make sure everyone and there boats went back to Emlenton who helped with the shuttle.

This is by far the biggest turn out for Foxburg, and it keeps getting better every year. Thanks to all who came out.

Mike Danko