View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 08:47 AM   #7
swampboy62

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

I've been watching the forecast with a keen eye, hoping for a good weekend of paddling. The rain last night, and more coming tonight could bring good things.

Hard to tell if any of the small watershed creeks will be up till the day you want to paddle. Larger watershed creeks like Slippery Rock, Connie will hold longer, but can get really high levels as the tribs discharge. But if Paul is part of the team then you've got somebody who knows what to expect.

I'll definitely be heading out to do SOMETHING this weekend, and will post back what the outlook is. Depending on where the club paddles I might even see you out there.

Steve Z

EDIT: Just read Mike's tentative plans for this weekend. I'll almost certainly be heading into western PA for my paddling this weekend, unless the only thing going on is Beaver Creek. Hoping to get on Scrubgrass, Deer or Bear. Nothing terribly difficult but some experience with current is needed. Long boats might work on Deer Creek, but Scrubgrass & Bear are tight and rocky in many places. Interested paddlers are invited to come along.

Last edited by swampboy62; 04-06-2017 at 08:57 AM.
swampboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swampboy62 For This Useful Post:
mfdanko99  (04-06-2017)