Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
swampboy62

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Paddling Saturday

Seriously considering doing a bike & boat trip tomorrow on Middle Fork of Beaver Creek, from Franklin Square to Willow Grove Park in Lisbon.

I've paddled a lot of the other parts of Beaver Creek many times, but not this section. I have seen big parts of it from the bike trail, so I feel confident in knowing what to expect.

Water level should be high enough that this will be a quick run. No actual whitewater, but it will be quick current in a small creek with few eddies and the threat of downed trees possible. Add the fact that the water will be cold and this is not a trip for the inexperienced or poorly equipped. That being said, anyone that feels like this would be a good run for them and can be responsible for themselves on the water is welcome to come along.

I plan on putting in at the crossing with route 558 near Franklin Square, paddling down to Willow Grove Park, and then riding my bike back up to the car. Anyone who wants to paddle and not bike can be accommodated by the way we set up shuttle.

I'm thinking that earlier in the day would probably be better. Right now the forecast is for 39 degrees at noon with a high of 45. So I'm thinking of dropping the bike off at Lisbon first, and then coming up to Franklin Square area to put in around noon.

I'll check back here at this forum later today and Saturday morning before taking off.

Steve Z
swampboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote