Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #1
algoessailing

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Pymatuning Creek

I came across a group of pictures from Pymatuning Creek: the intro stated launch at Andy Dorrik park up and back. Has anyone paddled the creek at length? I grew up playing in this creek and its tributaries and have lately decided to do some exploration. In my opinion, this creek is our most secluded waterway and likely the least traveled too. Deadfalls of course are a large problem: I counted 150 from SR 88 to Orangeville on Google maps. Right now there is enough water to paddle just about anywhere (not to mention the dam is under enough water that it has created a nice standing wave.) I am really interested in paddling from kinsman to orangeville when the water recedes somewhat: though I presume it would have to be done in sections. The twisty upper sections look fantastic at about 7 feet http://waterdata.usgs.gov/oh/nwis/uv?site_no=03102950 (USGS 03102950 Pymatuning Creek at Kinsman OH) I'm looking for ANY info about this section of the creek and if anyone would be interested on paddling some of it with me.
algoessailing is offline   Reply With Quote