Old 05-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #11
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Had fun ,despite the wind. It just made me work a little harder. Good turnout, with a few first timers, and soon to be members, to come with the group. The water level at 3ft was high enough to paddle in a tandem canoe but left some of the fun side channels around islands too shallow to try. Thanks to everyone who came out to Franklin on a Sunday morning to make this run.
Ed
bikin-mike  (05-07-2013)
Old 05-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #12
bikin-mike

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Thanks for a great first trip

Just wanted to say thanks for the great first trip. Thx to Ed for organizing everything including the BEAUTIFUL weather. When you put in your weather order for next year, how 'bout unchecking the box for strong headwind

Thx to Steve for giving our boats a ride in that shiny new aluminum trailer - SWEET!

Thx to Mike and Bruce for the pictures. We've had the boats for 2+ years and I never bothered to get any pictures of us in them. Kind of disappointed that I didn't see Mike swimming

Thx to Stan for teaching me a lot about being prepared. I didn't know you could squeeze that much stuff into a 9.5' Swifty.

Thx to JP for hanging out in the back and making sure everybody made it down safely. Even my son said it was reassuring knowing that the 'Big Green Machine' was back there and ready to come to the rescue if we needed it.

Looking forward to doing more trips with you folks when time permits....Mike
bikin-mike is offline   Reply With Quote