mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Foxburg

Foxburg Paddle: Alleghany River (Emlenton to Parker) Trip Leader Mike Danko

When- Sunday July 30th

Where- Emlenton Boat Lunch 507 River Ave, Emlenton, PA 16373

GPS 41.176363, -79.708356

Time- 9:30 am. (little early than normal-due to our reservation at Allegheny Grill has to be at 11:30 am. Any other times they couldn't have us on this date)

Reservations are for 50. I will ask you to RSVP so I have a head count and mark it down who is coming.
text me at 330-766-3129 with name and how many, or email me at mfdanko99@yahoo.com or tctnewsletter@gmail.com.
I prefer texting the best. Thank you

This year we will all meet at the Emlenton Boat Launch, and unload. Once you have unloaded I will ask the drivers to head to Parker and wait for the other and then shuttle back to the Put-in (I will have a map with directions from Emlenton to Parker)

I hope to be on the water a little before 10:30 am as our reservations at the Alleghany Grill are for 11:30 am.

I called and all our information was already in the computer. The manager said they are glad to see we will be returning, but had to have the early time or another date.

After we eat we usually walk around town and check out the winery, chocolate store or get ice cream. We try to regroup and paddle down to the mouth of the Clarion River. Once at the confluence of the rivers we stop at the beach area and swim and jump off the bridge abutment. LOTS OF FUN!!!

Then we paddle the last mile and half to our vehicles.

Makes for a super fun day for all skill levels!!!!

Mike Danko
Old 07-26-2017, 06:34 PM   #2
mfdanko99

As of Wednesday the 26th we have 43 signed up for the foxburg trip.

I do have the list and will have it with me.

The members & guest who registered will have a spot at the foxburg Inn, anything over 50 I can't promise a spot in the inn.

Mike
Old 07-29-2017, 12:20 PM   #3
mfdanko99

Default Report

As of Saturday at Noon we have 46 RSVP for lunch around 11:30 at the Allegheny Grill in Foxburg.

We will also have a small group of three who won't be stopping and will continue the paddle.

I called and confirmed our reservation for tomorrow. Anything over 50 I can't promise enough room.
I will have the list with me to make sure everyone who RSVP will be good to go.

Again would like to be in the water no later than 10:30 AM

If you show up a little later and the shuttle is done, no worries. Just leave your car at the put in and I can promise we will get you back to your car.

Mike
Lee3553  (07-29-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 05:26 PM   #4
mfdanko99

Default Trip Review

What a great Sunday Paddle. The weather was perfect, and the water temperatures was nice with a good current. 4502 cfm USGS Parker Gauge.

A big turn out for this paddle as it seems to grow every year.

Total of 58 members showed up for this event. 4 didn't paddle, 3 paddle straight through/ quick stop, and 51 ate at the Allegheny Grill.

45 Kayaks, 5 Canoe's & 1 tandem Kayak.

The shuttle set up was great and went off better than I expected. We had it set up as soon as you unloaded to have the drivers head to parker with maps. Then we did different times shuttles back to the put-in. I had it set up were I was the last to leave Emlenton to Parker and caught the last shuttle back with the help of Steve Preston.

We were on the water by 10:35 and made it to Foxburg a little after 11:30. We had the whole back bar room and with plenty of room if we needed more seats with the bar.

After a great meal and walking around Foxburg we slowly made our way back to the water and paddled down to the swimming hole. Many of us enjoyed the swim and the annual jumping off the bridge abutment. Tom Smith will forever live TCT lore for jumping off the actual bridge, and of course I had to follow. It was a blast but my backside it paying the price for it. We played around for 45 minutes or so and headed to Parker, were everyone helped each other load up and make sure everyone and there boats went back to Emlenton who helped with the shuttle.

This is by far the biggest turn out for Foxburg, and it keeps getting better every year. Thanks to all who came out.

Mike Danko
Old 08-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #5
dankopics

Default Pictures

Posted Foxburg Pictures
Mike
dankopics is offline   Reply With Quote