Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Summer Picnic

Hi Everybody. Our annual summer picnic and meeting is coming up on Saturday, July 12th, starting about 5:30pm at Canoe City Park in Leavittsburg. Doing things a little different this year by having a dusk run and picnic instead of a mid- afternoon affair. We can start to gather about 5:30 and I'll fire up the grill about 6. We'll have a bite to eat, have our meeting and then head up to Swift park about 7:30 for the paddle back to Canoe City. We should finish up just before dark.
As per usual, the Club will provide burgers, dogs, buns and such and members and guests can bring side dishes for the group to share. If anyone has games to bring, please do.
There is nothing special planned as far as speakers or demonstrations this year but I do remember that Mike may want to show us a new method of canoe propulsion he found out about from JPT. I believe it's called gunwale humping or gunwale jumping or something like that. People with throw ropes will be standing by.
In case of bad weather we'll have a rain date of Sunday, July 13, 2pm. A light rain will not cancel Saturdays event but a thunder storm will.
Hope to see lots of you at the picnic. Any questions just call or email me or ask here.
Ed
330-568-1619
eartt16@aol.com

Last edited by EAR; 07-02-2014 at 08:12 PM.
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EAR For This Useful Post:
Fifthpig  (06-30-2014)