Old 10-04-2015, 10:54 AM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Shenango River-River Watchers

Up Coming Events:

Shenango River ? Jamestown to Greenville PA, Trip Leader Mike Danko & Shenango River Watchers

When- October 10th

Where- Pymatuming State Park Dam Road, Jamestown PA 16134

GPS 41.501123, -80.457372

Time ? 9:00 AM meet

The Shenango River Watchers are celebrating Fall Foliage paddle 2015. For all member who would like to paddle as a group I would like to meet at 9:00 am and unload gear & register. Then do the shuttle down to Riverside park in Greenville PA.
(Riverside Park Memorial Dr, Greenville, PA 16125 GPS 41.412842,-80.393997)

Once the drivers are at Riverside park, for $15 per person there is a bus shuttle back to the put in. The shuttle times are 8, 8:30,9, 9:30, 10, & 10:30 am.
I am unable to find exact address for each park, The Put in is off of Dam Rd in Pymatuming State Park. Dam Rd is between St Rt 322 and East Lake Rd in Jamestown PA

Riverside Park is on memorial drive witch is off of Alan Dr Greenville PA.
If you would like to paddle this on your own you can or join me and hope to have a nice group show up for a very scenic paddle down the Shenango River.
This paddle is a 9 mile paddle about 3 hours or so to do. This is a flat water paddle with two or three class 1 rapids.
Last time we made this a club paddle we had 30 members show up.

I will have our TCT banner hanging up on a tree at the put in so you can find us
Mike Danko
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mfdanko99 For This Useful Post:
wayne  (10-07-2015)
Old 10-09-2015, 07:46 AM   #2
KenM

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Note: Road closed on Park side of dam

This is from an email I recieved from SRW. -Ken

Fall Foliage Paddle Fest
Saturday October 10th

Please note that the road over the dam, to the launch point, is closed due to major repairs of the dam. To get to the launch, you must use the East Entrance on East Lake Rd. One way to get there is from downtown Jamestown. Turn north on Main St, go to the end of Main St. at North St. Turn left, or west, on to North St. In a few blocks North sT. turns 90 degrees north and becomes East Lake Rd. From that point, it is 1.3 miles to the park entrance. This is the same road that crosses the dam, only from the other direction. Just before the dam is the road down to the launch.
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KenM For This Useful Post:
JPTolson  (10-09-2015)