Old 11-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
brucea

Location: Chippewa Township, Beaver County, Pennsylvania. 15010 (Beaver Falls)
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default New Member from Pennsylvania

Hello Friends:

My name is Bruce Ambrose and I live in Chippewa, PA. My wife and I do love to canoe and camp. We have canoed Raccoon Creek, the Clarion River, Little Beaver Creek, and the Upper Cuyahoga River. We also have had our canoe in various lakes in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

I'm hoping to be able to attend some of your trips this upcoming season. We have been canoeing by ourselves, so we our looking forward to meeting people with the same interest as us.

If any of you live in Western Pennsylvania (Beaver County, PA), give us a shout for a possible get together in 2012.

Thanks,

Bruce Ambrose
brucea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
JPTolson

Bruce,

Glad that you found us and joined Trumbull Canoe Trails. Some of us single-blade paddlers are happy to see another open boater swell our ranks. A few of the kayaker wags in the club like to refer to us as canypsies. I like to respond by telling them that we paddle kayaker-rescue vessels.

In my opinion, the greatest strengths of the club are its trip schedule and its friendly and helpful members. As you can tell from the group photos on the website, some of the nearby trips can attract more than 20 paddlers. So there is a good deal of enthusiasm among our members.

Hope to see you on the river very soon.

jp

Last edited by JPTolson; 12-06-2011 at 08:11 PM.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
BOBK

I second the welcome, and suggest you attend the December 4, Chilly Chili event and meet some fellow paddlers, even those of us who are devout Butt-boaters. Canypsies are indeed welcomed but are approached with caution by kayakers. Want an explanation of what Canypsies are? Show up Sunday and JP and I will be glad to explain. If you google Canypsies you may be directed to our website.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
4x4dad

Default Hello paddlers.

Hi everyone,

My name is Rick. I live in Butler county Pa. I'm a single father of a very energetic and inquisitive 6 yr. old daughter . I'm trying to introduce her to all aspects of the outdoors . Hiking , hunting , fishing , ATVing and camping . Obviously our newest adventures will include canoeing Pennsylvania and surrounding area water ways . I recently purchased an Old Town 14 1/2 ft. canoe . I'm no stranger to boats , but this is my first canoe . We took our first trip last weekend on the Clarion in Cook Forest . She did very well so we'll be doing more and hopefully longer floats in the near future . I understand canoeing alone is not the safest way to go , so I'm hoping to get together with others like the members here . Thanks and hope to see you on the water .

Sorry . I should have started a new thread .

Last edited by 4x4dad; 04-18-2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: PS
4x4dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:05 AM   #5
clipper1

Talking New member

Welcome Rick and Bruce, hope you both find the club and it's members to your liking.
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to clipper1 For This Useful Post:
4x4dad  (04-19-2012)