Old 09-14-2020, 05:45 PM   #11
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Trip Review

The day started out with lots of rain that rolled through the area. Once we met up at Deer Creek Reservoir it was past and just cloudy. As the day went on it turned out to be a great afternoon with some sun and partly cloudy.
We had 9 paddlers and 1 K9 in 8 boats (6 kayaks & 2 Canoes)
We paddled through the tunnels and a lot farther than we ever had in the past up Deer Creek. Jessica, Tori & myself surprised Ken on how far we got up stream in such shallow water with some ripples.
After Turning around and going back through the tunnels we followed the shore line in some coves and made our way to the dam, and then headed back in as darker clouds were coming in.
In total we paddled 5.17 miles on a beautiful reservoir.
Thanks to everyone who braved the rainy morning and enjoyed a great day paddling.
Mike

PS- Jessica posted pictures from the paddle
Old 09-14-2020, 05:53 PM   #12
KenM

Default Nice Paddle

The line of showers moved through the area early Sunday morning followed by gray clouds. But by the time we left home at 12:30p there were already patches of blue sky breaking out. By 1:00p it was mostly sunny and cool with only a light breeze.

Deer Creek Reservoir is one of our favorite places to paddle, AND it's only 12 miles or so away from home. I think the other paddlers also found it a pleasant lake to paddle. We paddled up to the upper end of the lake where Deer Creek enters via the tunnels far underneath the railroad tracks. It's always fun to have paddlers new to this lake and take them through the tunnels with the echos and the cool reflections.

We paddled a way up Deer Creek until it got too shallow and swift. Heading back, we followed the shore across to the dam and looped back to the launch for about a 5 mile paddle.

Thanks to Mike and Jessica (and Torrie) for hosting.

Ken & Cheryl
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:46 PM   #13
jvanbro

Great trip and my favorite new reservoir! Less than 30 minutes from home and I'll definitely be going back with camera and fishing gear.
Outings like this one is why I joined TCT.
I didn't know this gem was so close to home. Thanks to all that participated.
John
jvanbro is offline   Reply With Quote