Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2018, 01:18 PM   #2
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

What a year 2017 has been for paddling, between to much water and then not enough it has been a hit and miss year.
Lows-
1-Canceling the Grand River Twice-Once in April at flood levels and October not enough water.
2-Canceling French Creek due to much water
3-Hurting my knee playing soccer in November making paddling the canoe hard at the Chilly Chili Paddle

Highs- So many great paddles for the year with TCT and side paddles.

TCT Trips-
1) Finally getting JP, Ron on the Ashtabula River Whitewater section. For so many years I been wanting to get them on my favorite whitewater river in our region. We were joined by Matt Brady, Paul Issac & Jessica Hoffart on an Amazing day.

2) ODNR Mahoning Paddle. I loved helping with a state paddle, and then having huge turn out that set a new state record (80 paddlers). That just made my summer :)

3) Beaver Creek Whitewater weekend, I love are normal Beaver Creek Trips but we were able to catch it just below 6 ft. that made a lot of great waves.

4) October Mahoning Lowellville to Edinburg - Just a great trip on the Mahoning

5) is a Tie between Club Picnic and Color run with Picnic.- Both had a great picnic before/after the paddles but I just love being on the Mahoning River.

Side Trips-
1) February- Called off work to meet up with JP, Bruce & Dianne Ambrose and Paul Issac for a great trip down the Whitewater Section of the Connoquenessing Creek

2) French Creek- Jess & I made it to French Creek in June at one of the lowest levels, but no scraping. Had a blast and we used the local livery .

3) July Trip to Springfield Ohio. In a short get away trip we paddled
-Buck Creek Whitewater Park area
-Little Miami River (National & State Scenic Section) (I wasn't all that impressed- The Mahoning is right there with it in my opinion)
-Mad River Through Springfield Ohio

4)Thanksgiving Paddle with Jessica around Punderson Lake

5) Learning and Executing solo canoeing in my Old Town Scout. Starting to apply what Ron & JP has been showing me in Swift Water Solo Canoeing. ( Now only if I can get my knee back to normal & Yes ken I have a doctors appointment made)
Ambridger  (02-06-2018), JPTolson  (01-01-2018), suram  (01-01-2018)