Old 04-11-2015, 09:47 AM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Grand River 4-12

Damn!! Raccoon Creek cancelled and I tuned in to late to see the runs for Saturday. My whole week was setup around canoeing on Sunday. So... I thinks I'll go up to the Grand on Sunday. Nice day, high water, should be fun. I'll leave Hubbard about 9am and head up to the Harperfields launch. Call me if you want to go.
Sorry Bruce, won't be able to make next weeks run.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:26 PM   #2
EAR

Default shuttle

I contacted Rich Klasen and while not able to paddle tomorrow he will shuttle us back to the put-in. That helps a lot!!
Old 04-11-2015, 08:41 PM   #3
mfdanko99

Normally I would jump at the chance to paddle the grand. On the way home from Conneaut we checked the level. 4.5ft at Hidden valley park.

Instead I am going with Jessica to scout a possible club run for next year.
Rocky River; it is in the west side of Cleveland by the airport. It will be a 11 mile section which should be only class 1.

Mike
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:52 PM   #4
raybo

What a great day on the grand!!
This was my first trip on this river. I enjoyed every bit of it. Went down with 2 friends. We left Fairview Pa. At 10:30 and were on the water at harpersfield covered bridge by noon. With a few stops to enjoy the weather and waterfalls we had reached hidden valley park and were done by 4:30.
For those keeping track the count was 3 kayaks;-)
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:32 PM   #5
EAR

Default Good day

Nice day on the Grand. It was only Mary and I and about a dozen others who where unloading or pulling in. Were one of them you Raybo? (I had the big blue Mad River canoe and Mary had a little red Dagger kayak) We got on the water about 11:30 and finished before 2. Mary didn't bring any beer so we had no pee stops!!
Nice level at 4ft, plenty of sun and no wind. It feels good to get out for the first time in months. My shoulder is a little sore but we will work it back into shape over the next month with all the runs we have.
And Rich Klasen was a great host. Not only did he do the shuttle for us, he wined and burgered us afterwards!!
Ed

Last edited by EAR; 04-12-2015 at 07:37 PM.
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:30 PM   #6
raybo

We got there about 11:30 ish. There were two people just heading out. It may well have been you and Mary.
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote