Old 03-29-2020, 10:03 AM   #1
KenM

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Walborn Res. video

Over the years K & C have come across paddlers that say they "don't do" flatwater paddling. While we've had some phenomenal river excursions we have also have great experiences, memories while paddling lakes. Folks sometimes cringe when we say we paddle lakes, but, we are not out there in the middle of a large lake with the powerboats. We gravitate to smaller lakes or lakes that have wetlands and marshes or swamps. We have been outdoor people all our lives so enjoy the birds, frogs and other wildlife we often see in the backwaters.

Last Wed was above 50 degs , no wind and puffy white clouds. I took my kayak up to the upper end of Walborn Reservoir which is about 12 miles from home. I put in over the guard rail and paddled a mile up to the marsh end. Wow. Smooth water made for some fantastic reflections. Once in the cattails, the frogs were incredibly loud. The water level was unusually high so I was able to paddle farther up into the marsh than ever before. I also started to paddle up where Deer Creek enters the lake but after a short distance there was a tree down across the creek and two foot above the water. It was totally covered with a thick growth of poison ivy so I'm not too sure that I will attempt to go saw it off. Boooo!

Anyway... I made a short "no-pro" video for your amusement. -KenM

Walb_21.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO8ZmQbwntc
KenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:02 PM   #2
jimbo

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Nice!

Thanks Ken, lots of bass there I bet. I will be going walleye fishing at Mosquito Lake in the next few weeks with the 14' Big Jon boat to start the season. It will be great to get out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1611.jpg (43.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by jimbo; 03-29-2020 at 01:11 PM. Reason: nm
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote