Old 03-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Foster Park clean-up

Zac Svette of Trumbull Metro Parks has informed me that there will be clean up days at the park on April 3rd and 10th starting at 10am. I think this is a pick up and rake deal. After clean up, I would like to get a few people to take a run down the stream to see how bad it really is. We have gotten the OK to cut the trees across creek, but this would be better done in the summer months, I think.
I would hope we can get a few volunteers to help with the park clean up and the scouting run. This park has a lot of history with this club. I recently received the old filing cabinet (more like a nice wooden rolling cupboard) with a lot of the original paperwork from the beginning of this non-profit group in the late 70's. This group was formed to get this park built. And it was not easy.
I'll try to tell the story and history of this club through old newsletters and numerous old newspaper clippings a little at a time in the newsletter each month.
STAND BY FOR NEWS !!
ED

Last edited by EAR; 03-04-2010 at 12:19 AM.
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
EAR

Default date change

Zac has informed me that the clean up at Foster has been moved back to April 17th. at 10am. Trumbull Metroparks will supply tools necessary for the clean up.
I have one volunteer so far for the scouting run down the Mahoning. He is going to bring a chainsaw and try to get a start on the clearing of downed trees. At least make a few passages through.

Last edited by EAR; 03-14-2010 at 10:20 PM.
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
Clayton

I will come out and help if I can, but I have an aggravated disk and cant walk more than a minute Hope to be better soon

Last year my wife and her brother, sister and I went down from fosters to Newton Falls it was a lot of fun but lots of trees down. it Is a great ride. some places were barely passable

My son is in Cub scouts maybe we could get the Troop to help clean up trash that day?

-Clayton
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
EAR

Clayton, contact Zac Svette at Trumbull Metroparks to see about scout help. 330-675-3072
Old 04-05-2010, 06:51 AM   #5
outdoorxtreme1
Administrator

A few buddies of mine and I did this section April 3rd. There were only 2 or 3 places we had to get out on trees and pull our kayaks over them. Other than that, there are tress down but you are able to maneuver around them. Should be able to make a passage through everything using chainsaws.
outdoorxtreme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:13 AM   #6
burrowsj

Im stuck working. I won't be able to make it
burrowsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #7
mfdanko99

Unhappy

sorry ed. I am also at work today, should get off around 2, and I will swing by and see if you guys are still there
mike
mfdanko99 is online now   Reply With Quote