Old 08-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #11
clipper1

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Moonlight Paddle

Doubt if I will be fortunite enough to make it home from work by eight on Friday, let alone an hour south as well, but occaisionally even Canypsies get lucky. Better put some extra lights on that Yak Bob...
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #12
BOBK

THANKS FOR THE WARNING, RICH. I WENT TO THE LIBRARY AND FOUND A LITTLE KNOWN BOOK OF CANYPSIE HISTORY. IT SEEMS THAT SINCE CANYPSIES ARE FOUND ALL OVER THE WORLD, THEY ALL USE GREENWICH MEAN TIME. THAT MEANS THAT ON FRIDAY THE 12th DURING OUR PADDLE IT WILL BE THE 13th FOR THE CANYPSIES. THEREFORE THE POSSIBLITY EXISTS FOR US TO ENCOUNTER SOME ON LAKE MILTON. ANOTHER LITTLE KNOWN PIECE OF ADVICE WAS FOUND BY ME IN THE SAME CANYPSIE HISTORY BOOK, THAT SUGGESTS THAT CANYPSIES MAY BE REPEALED BY THE AROMA OF CHARCOAL GRILLED HOTDOGS AND HAMBURGERS...SO WE WILL ALL BE SAFE ON LAND AS WE EAT. THAT SAFETY DOES NOT EXTEND TO THE WATER, WHERE CANYPSIES ARE MOST COMFORTABLE, SO EVERYONE WHO CHOOSES TO GO OUT ON THE WATER DOES SO AT THEIR OWN RISK. P.S. WEARING GARLIC OR GLOW STICKS WILL NOT REPEL CANYPSIES. GOOD LUCK TO ALL BRAVE KAYAK PADDLERS AS CANYPSIES WILL NOT ACCOST T-GRIPPERS.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #13
wardie

Default bringing the canoe

Looking forward to getting it out on the water. Thanks to JP for keeping in touch. Wardie
wardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #14
JPTolson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBK View Post
GOOD LUCK TO ALL BRAVE KAYAK PADDLERS AS CANYPSIES WILL NOT ACCOST T-GRIPPERS.
A number of canypsies are likely to attend in what are fast becoming known as KAYAKER RESCUE VESSELS, once again prepared to bail out the increasingly frequent and hapless butt boater
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #15
suram

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBK View Post
I too will be there friday. Maybe we will get lucky and see some of the meteor shower.
Linda and I are planning on being there since it won't be so stinking hot. Looking forward to seeing some meteors and canypsies! I have no clue what canypsies are, but I think I'd like to see them!
suram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #16
Tim

Default Thanks

I would like to thank all of those in attendance at last nights Moonlight paddle.
The water was smooth as glass and the lighting was perfect.
We had a great turn out, with over 20 boats and about 30 people.
We'll have to check JP's pictures to get an accurate head count.
Thanks again to everyone for their extra effort making this another successful club outing.
Tim.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #17
linbow

Possible Canipsy Encounter?

Last nite Sue and I think we might have heard what we believe to be a lone canipsy. We were paddling beyond the bridge where the river narrows. In the trees to the left of us we heard a loud call with a whinny. The creature made 3 calls in a row from the trees. We heard about 3-4 more of those calls and then it was gone. For verification check with the paintball yakers as they also heard these cries.
linbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #18
JPTolson

Many thanks again to Tim for organizing the Moonlight Run on a really beautiful evening. Some limited photographic evidence of canypsie sighting is now on User Albums.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote