Old 04-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #11
debra witowski

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Grand River

Just signed up for the Grand River race in 2 week , haven't done that race, any tips? got to leave as soon as I finish have to be at work in Pittsburgh at 2:30
I usually race with my tempest a 17 ft sea kayak plastic the longer and thinner a boat is the faster the boat is, the shorter and fatter a boat is the more stable. Sometimes I use my 13ft Necky, it is much lighter if I have to portage. Plastic is more durable but fiberglass is much faster but you can't hit the rocks or drag it. Kaevlar is lighter and faster and more expensive yet it also cracks.
debra witowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #12
clipper1

Default rescheduling of Lakemetro Parks canoe race

Because of low water conditions last week, the Grand River Canoe Race that was scheduled for April 24th, was rescheduled for next Saturday, May 1st. Room will be made at my house for any TCT members the night before so they can be fresh for the race. I will be particapating as well. If interested you may call me at (440) 228-3261 Rich
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:52 PM   #13
clipper1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper1 View Post
Because of low water conditions last week, the Grand River Canoe Race that was scheduled for April 24th, was rescheduled for next Saturday, May 1st. Room will be made at my house for any TCT members the night before so they can be fresh for the race. I will be particapating as well. If interested you may call me at (440) 228-3261 Rich
As of Thursday afternoon, water level in the Grand at 2 1/2', 1 1/2' expected
for the start of the Race Saturday morning.
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote