Old 07-25-2016, 03:20 PM   #11
Mary Kane

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Sue's photographs

Thanks for posting all the excellent photos, Sue! I know I speak for all the Trumbull Canoe Trail Members in saying, "Thanks for having our backs"!!
Mary Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:52 PM   #12
mfdanko99

Default Thank You

First I want to say thank you to all who came out on a day were things look like it could be rough.

Mother Nature ended up helping us out. Temps not as bad and we just pulled out when the rain hit hard!!

We had 28 paddlers (26 kayaks & 2 Canoes paddles with kayak paddles)

The Main group paddled a form B&O to Bob Cene/Union Bridge. A Second group kept going to Lowellville.
Many Thanks goes to Ed Hahn for leading the shuttle to Lowellville as I did the Struthers shuttle.

We only had two carnages both at Marshall St Bridge Rapid.

At the Cement Plant Wave Train is where all the fun took place. We played around for a while as many paddlers did the wave train several times.

Had a great throw rope class going on by Ron & Stan as I was the floating dummy. Even Ron & AJ floated down as a boater in need of help
AJ really got to taste how strong the current can be with a person on a throw rope, as he safe me with a perfect throw.
Ron showed how two people on shore can help each other with saving the one in the water.
We also go Jerry & Billie grand kids in on it. They were all willing to try throwing the rope as the Dummy passed by. They all did a great job!!

Rebar rapid was easy and cleared out thanks to the work of chuck miller. Everyone made it through and we just finished as the storm rolled in.

I have pictures I will post and some great video of most paddlers going through each rapid. Will edit and post on You Tube,

Thanks again to all, as the paddle turned out ten times better than I was hoping for.
I also owe Jessica apologies as I knocker her off the dock at the very beginning as we carried boats down
Mike Danko
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mfdanko99 For This Useful Post:
Mary Kane  (07-27-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 06:14 PM   #13
dankopics

I have Pictures loaded up, soon as I can I will edit video for all to see.
dankopics is offline   Reply With Quote