Old 09-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Take out In wampum PA

After Our trip Sunday, I drove around were the Mahoning River meets the Shenengo River, to start the Beaver River. Does any one know of a place you can take out there or do you have to go down to Wampum? If so were at in Wampum?
Thanks
Mike Danko
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
JPTolson

Mike,

I don't know the answer to your question, but here is the link to the Mahoning River in the Western PA Canoeing Guide that might help. http://www.canoedraft.shaw-weil.com/...ng%20River.php

You might also check Google Earth maps....

jp
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #3
mfdanko99

Default Thank You

Thanks JP

I followed the instructions today after work, and found were we could take out. It is right under wampum road bridge, and there is a path about 10 yard long to walk threw to a open lot were can park. I asked a local cop and they said long as we don't litter or destroy anything we are ok to use that area.

Now I want to go from Brewster rd/convert rd down to wampum road. Water looked a little low but I think we could make it. The gage in Loweville is 2.65.

I might see if any one would want to try it sunday if we get a little rain.

Thanks again
Mike
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
JPTolson

Hey Mike,

Glad the paddling guide helped. It also says that the minimum level for that section is 3.7 on the Lowellville gage...., over a foot above what it is now....

jp
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
85dragonfly

Default wampum take-out

Hi Mike - Bruce Kemp here. I am late in seeing your query re take-out at the Wampum bridge, but see that you have been correctly advised. Note also that there is another take-out further upstream ( +/- 4 miles)which may be of use, depending on just where you put-in on either the Mahoning or the Shenango. This is the Rock Point Boat Club at the mouth of Connoquenessing Creek. Formerly this was a private access, but since 2008 it is also now open to the public. There are some minor restrictions, but public it is. I have compiled a detailed description of Connoquenessing Creek (Butler County - mostly - PA) for paddlers, and would be glad to send you a CD disk of that, which includes info about the Rock Point access. It is too large (pdf 27,000 kb) to send as an email. You (or any other Trumbull folks) are welcome to contact me directly at bckjal@yahoo.com, with your postal mailing address, and I'll send along one of these discs to you.
85dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:29 PM   #6
debra witowski

Default Rock Point Boat Club

Don't ever count on the gate being unlocked at Rock Point Boat Club it not even unlocked at the posted times. even if it is unlocked when you drop off a car the man in the trailer down at the bottom likes to lock the gate when he is home he dosesn't take money to open the gate I think he just wants to meet boaters
debra witowski is offline   Reply With Quote