Old 05-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
rayn

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default World record attempt on May 21

Guinness Book of World records canoe & kayak challenge

Saturday, May 21 Hinckley Lake ? Hinckley Reservation ? Hinckley Twp.

Join Cleveland Metroparks in RECLAIMING the Guinness Book of World Records Canoe & Kayak Challenge on Saturday, May 21 at Hinckley Lake in Hinckley Reservation.

It seems like just yesterday, but it has been almost 10 years since Cleveland Metroparks set the record with 776 canoes and kayaks on May 19, 2001. Seven years later, Inlet, New York claimed the record with 1,104 boats and now Pittsburgh holds the current record with
1,619 boats set June 2010. Register now to help reclaim the record!

Registration forms have been coming down stream for the Canoe & Kayak Challenge. Now is the time to pre-register by Friday, May 6 at the official website: canoeandkayakchallenge.blogspot.com.

Pre-registration to participate is $10 per canoe or kayak and $7 per person for additional riders in the canoe or kayak. Proceeds will benefit Cleve- land Metroparks Outdoor Education Summer Camp Scholarship Fund. And, all pre-registered participants will receive a stainless steel water bottle to commemorate this history-setting day. Day-of-registration fee increases to $20 per canoe or kayak and $10 per person for additional riders in the canoe or kayak.

Check-in and launching are from 8:30 to 11 a.m., and the Challenge is at 11:30 a.m. Participants must bring their own canoe or kayak, as well as life jackets and paddles. The Ohio Division of Watercraft has agreed to a one- day license waiver for all participants, but all watercraft must meet safety and operation regulations. Inflatable canoes and kayaks are not allowed.
The Challenge launching will be conducted from the Swimming Area parking lot off Bellus Road in Hinckley Reservation, between Route 606/ Hinckley Hills and State roads in Hinckley Township. Additional parking and shuttle transportation will be available. The Challenge will take place on Hinckley Lake, just off the shore from Hinckley Lake Boathouse.

For more information, call 216-635-3200 or go to canoeandkayakchallenge.blogspot.com
rayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
mfdanko99

Unhappy

I wish I could go, but I have to work another saturday. I tried to get off, but no luck. For all who goes, have fun
Mike
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
clipper1

Default Metro Parks guinness attempt

Twenty per boat, ten per head, plus gas to and from, and I heard they were charging to park as well. Shame on them for turning it into a fundraiser, what could of been a great social event and a record made in Ohio. I can do an entire weekend (including food & beverage) on the Allegheny for less.
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
rayn

Preregsiter @ $10; day of attempt @ $20

All proceeds benefit Cleveland Metroparks ?Outdoor Education Summer Camp Scholarship Fund.?

Seems like a worthy cause as it must cost the park district A LOT to run event.

I have heard thru the grapevine they may not have enough to break record.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
rambler

Default Event cancelled

The Canoe and Kayak Challenge event has been cancelled.

http://canoeandkayakchallenge.blogspot.com/
rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
rayn

Thanx for the info.