Old 10-03-2017, 10:49 AM   #1
ericksonjim.je

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Lake County Kayaker

Hello everyone, a little about myself - I am a 40 year old Army Veteran who just found kayaking a few months ago, have hit a few local rivers and have become enamored with kayaking (actually so much so that my family and I volunteer doing stream quality monitoring for the ODNR on the Grand River). I am looking for a like minded individual or individuals in my neck of the woods to paddle without having to impose on my wife to transport me to or from drop off or pick up locations to my new found obsession.
ericksonjim.je is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:59 AM   #2
swampboy62

I was going to direct you to a couple of paddling groups local to your area, but I see Bradstreet Sea Kayakers and Chagrin River Canoe & Kayak Club are apparently gone.

That leaves Keelhaulers Canoe & Kayak Club as the survivor. They're mostly whitewater, but if you check their schedule you'll see that they do some more relaxed paddling too.

If you do Facebook, you might want to check out Shenango River Kayakers and WPayakkers.

Good luck.

Steve Z
swampboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #3
erbego

There are some meetup groups in NE Ohio that kayak including Northeast Ohio Kayakers (NEOK) and Ohio Kayak Adventures (OKA). NEO Adventurers also kayak sometimes, as do the Why Not Adventurers. The most active is OKA, which is based in Summit County. NEOK could use someone who wants to lead trips, as the current leaders hardly ever post anything. If you want to lead trips for them contact Virginia. Meetup has other kayaking groups, but assuming you live in NE Ohio, these would be your best bet.

Good luck!
erbego is offline   Reply With Quote