Old 08-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
onbohio

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default New guy from Girard

Hi everyone. First of all let me say I don't own a canoe. I found you guys through Zachary Svette-Trumbull Metroparks.

I took my 12ft aluminum-9 1/2 hp out from canoe city this summer a couple times, and enjoyed the ride. I have been looking for a volunteer organization who might have a river cleanup effort planned ever since. As I said it was a nice scenic winding river ride. I was just hoping to make it a little nicer.

I would be willing to offer my help to any event already planned. I could use my boat to help. I have a chainsaw for clearing logjams. I have a friend at work who has a canoe and would probably be interested in helping out as well.

If there is nothing currently planned, I would be willing to help organize an effort as well. I feel that if we could get one section of the river more usable/better looking, more people will want to use it, and therefore more people will interested in seeing the whole river cleaned up and eventually dredged.
onbohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
onbohio

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Do any of you guys live on the Mahoning River? I saw where some of you talked of clearing deadfalls, just curious how you got them out of the river. I have been talking with Sue Shafer from the Tribune Chronicle about getting something together for Make a difference Day. Thinking I might be able to find some volunteers if I go door to door to homes on the river.
onbohio is offline   Reply With Quote