Old 05-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
mfdanko99

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Mahoning-Lowellville to Bevington Launch

12 pm 30 east water st Lowellville ohio Carchetti Restaurant

The gage at Lowellville reads 5.5 feet, that being said, a group of us are going from Lowellville to Waupam taking out at the Bevington Boat Launch, very little splash just stay in the middle and steer, Zero hazards in my opinion thanks to the removed Trestle, probably. Meet at noon and if my shuttle driver is home he will pick us up in waupam when we are done?
Chuck

Chuck and I talk earlier, this trip will be about 15 to 17 mile long, but with the current it will be a easy and fast trip. Very nice section and no hazards all flat water
Mike

Last edited by mfdanko99; 05-17-2014 at 09:23 PM.
mfdanko99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mfdanko99 For This Useful Post:
LWP  (05-18-2014), redntall74  (05-18-2014)
Old 05-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
redntall74

Default 05/18/14 Mahoning to Beaver Run

Wonderful day on the river. 9 boats and 10 souls launched from Lowellville enroute to Wampum PA on the Mahoning River and onto the Beaver river. First set of riffles woke everyone up but smooth sailing after that. River was at 5.5 feet so moving a good clip the whole way down.
Sighted along the way was a Mature Bald Eagle sitting on the nest, 4 Immature Eagles flying and perched together along the way. Went past a Blue Heron Rookery in Scyamores over the river with many adults and young. Many herons along the way along with hawks, ducks, and song birds.
17 miles and 4 hours all arrived safely and dry.
redntall74 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redntall74 For This Useful Post:
JPTolson  (05-18-2014), Lee3553  (05-18-2014), LWP  (05-19-2014)
Old 05-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
rayn

Default 05/18/14 Mahoning to Beaver Run

My first time on the water in 2014 turned out to be well worth the wait.

Lowellville to "New Castle" has long been one of my favorite runs and today was close to the top of all my Mahoning experiences. What a bonus to continue far past our usual take out at Covert's Crossing. Mike (a first-timer here) said his GPS read 19.1 miles. Too bad more members weren't able to attend.

A BIG THANX to Chuck for leading and for both his and Steve's shuttle service.
rayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:20 AM   #4
Fifthpig

Relaxing day in the sun... THANKS CHUCK.
If anyone is interested (I don't think you need an account (it's free if you do)), here is a link to the iinfo that the Trimble Outdoor Navigator Phone app (free version) has to show. Some of the times contradict each other, and some just baffle me (9hr duration?!?!?!). I think one of them calculated in the time we sat on the bank eating lunch into our travel time and shows a rate of 2mph... actual flow was 2x that.

Hope this link works, you may need to copy/paste the entire string into your browsers URL. http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewT...4-5426ce6be22c
Fifthpig is offline   Reply With Quote