Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Pine Creek Trip

I am planning a trip to Pine Creek, the Grand Canyon of Pa., for the days of April 17, 18 and 19. Tenative plans are to drive up on 17th (it's about a 4.5hr drive for me) and check in to our camp or whatever. More on lodging later. Might drive to a couple of scenic over looks and then later find a local tavern for "river info" and a burger. On Friday we can run the the gorge 17 miles to Blackwell. A fun trip if water isn't low. Will be using Pine Creek outfitters to shuttle us up, for a fee of course. On Saturday we can do the 8 mile section on the upper Pine from Gaines to the public access area. We will try to do the shuttle ourselves. Leave for home Saturday afternoon.
Of course you know me. I'm trying to do this on a low budget. Tent camping would be cheap, but I have found a couple of cabins reasonable. If we get 5or 6 people to split cost it might not be bad. A couple of motels in the area too. If you would like to do the cabin thing, let me know soon. I'll need to call to reserve. Campsites shouldn't need as much lead time.
For more info go to pinecrk.com

Last edited by EAR; 03-09-2014 at 12:50 AM.
EAR is offline   Reply With Quote