Old 08-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
justbrad

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default 09/08/13 Presque Isle

We will meet at the lagoons boat launch at 11:00 on Sunday, September 8 for a paddle through the picturesque lagoons of Presque Isle State Park. The launch is located near misery bay at the end of the peninsula (use the following link to download a map of the park).

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/cs/group...cnr_003286.pdf

Be sure to bring a picnic lunch, as we will stop at the marina for a bite to eat.

If you have extra time, there is a lot going on in Erie that weekend that you may want to check out, including the tall ships festival that runs from the 5th through the 8th. More info on the tall ships can be found at

http://www.flagshipniagara.org/ai1ec.../?instance_id=

In addition, the Barber Beast on the Bay will take place on Saturday morning that yours truly will be participating in.
justbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
EAR

Brad, what is the Barber Beast on the Bay? A race? A creature hunt? A Madman cutting hair???
Old 09-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
BOBK

Ed, I think it's an obstacle race. But it is unique in that all participants must continuously shout FIGARO while competing. Is that it, Brad?
Old 09-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
suram

Default Presque Isle

Just a heads up: The Tall ships are in Erie this weekend. Awesome to see! If you go into the bay be aware that there is a lot of boat traffic. I was there on Thursday and would not have liked to be in a kayak. I'll post some pics in the gallery. I would say to wear bright colored clothes so you're sure to be seen, but that's not worth much when heading into the sun. Have fun and be safe!
(If you want to see more of the Tall Ships I have a gallery of them: http://hornit.smugmug.com/Boats/Tall...3082&k=9c2trNZ)

Last edited by suram; 09-07-2013 at 10:04 AM.
suram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
Greyhounds2

Default Presque Isle Lagoons

We are planning on coming up for the Presque Isle paddle tomorrow. I assume we will not be in the bay and in the lagoon system so Mark can bring his Native Watercraft open kayak or "canak" as we call it. If we are going to be in the bay at all he can bring his other closed up kayak. Should we expect to see any wildlife or birds?

Kathy Murtha
Greyhounds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #6
justbrad

Kathy, most people elect to make the return trip back through the lagoons and not venture into the bay at all. A small number cut out into the bay and return to the put-in hugging the shoreline. However, doubtful that too many will hit the bay today, because they are calling for winds of 18-20 mph.
justbrad is offline   Reply With Quote