Old 04-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
BOBK

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default West Fork Beaver Creek

Johnathan, Brad, VP Mike, and myself paddled the West Fork of Beaver Creek. The conditions were excellent, water was flowing fast enough to make the 12 mile trip seem shorter. Along the way we encountered a Bald Eagle, a flock of 12 or 15 Blue Herons nesting, Deer crossing the river, Geese, Ducks, a Beaver, some angry Horses, a Black Lab, and a plastic Pink Flamingo. We only had to portage around a single fallen tree. There was a Dam right where JP said it would be, but we went right over it. Or maybe I should say we went through it. Our thanks to JP for a great suggestion of where to paddle, ( you would have enjoyed it.) And thanks to Johnathan for arranging an excellent paddle.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
JPTolson

Thanks for the trip report, Bob. Sounds like a really neat trip and glad to hear that it was so enjoyable. Really sorry that I couldn't make it. See everyone on French Creek.

jp

Last edited by JPTolson; 04-30-2011 at 09:25 PM.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
justbrad

Default M R Ducks ?

That odd looking hen and two chicks we saw were mergansers, according to this naturalist who came up to Jon and I at the take out. He said that there are less than 8 nesting pairs in the entire Beaver creek watershed, so we were quite lucky to have encountered them. Jon took some pictures of them, so hopefully he can post.

All in all it was a great trip.
justbrad is offline   Reply With Quote