Old 05-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #11
richpinky

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Clarion River post report

Great run on the Clarion River below Cooksburg, This is the wild and scenic section of the Clarion. Although there were predictions for thunder showers we only had a few sprinkles as we paddled. The water level was low due to work being done on the Piney Dam. A few low spots and a few more love marks on my canoe. The stats were four kayaks and four canoes and twelve people. The camping part was great. Thank you to all of our fellow paddlers and campers for all of your help. It takes a group effort to do a run like this. Pinky and Rich
richpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:40 AM   #12
Mary Kane

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Wink Clarion River weekend ROCKED!!!

Thanks to Rich & Patty for organizing a great camping weekend! I arrived just before sunset Friday night (and before a few sprinkles) and they helped to put up my wee-little pup tent in six minutes. Camping was fun and we all stayed dry and warm. The paddle Saturday was exceptional with the "excursions" out of our boats checking the waterfalls and cool campsites (near Hemlock Island?) Thanks to Kerry for showing me the "sites" and papa Si who is always so helpful getting everyone's boats in and out of the water. Thanks to our camp cook Dee Dee and to the Allen's for the delicious Chicken cooked over the fire. Other campers were our fearless leader Mike, with Jess, Ron Eells, and the 3 generations of Rigby's: Eddie, his daughter Elissa and her daughter (and our new "mascot") little Nora. Thanks goes to Eddie for hauling the boats on his trailer, too. Finally, thanks to Elissa and Nora who helped me learn the name of those brown "big ass spiders"! (Who knew??)
Mary Kane is offline   Reply With Quote