Old 11-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
EAR

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Default Chilly Chili Run

This Saturday, the 5th, at 12 noon, we will have our Chili Chilly Run at Canoe City in Leavittsburg on the Mahoning River. This run has a little bit of a "nut factor" to it but it is not that bad.It may be a little cold but the river is flat and smooth mostly. We will paddle up the Mahoning to Eagle Creek. How far we go will depend on the weather and the gusto of the group that day. Judy will make the chili for after the run and I'll make some cornbread to go with it. Think you make good chili? Bring some along. or bring something else to share.
Check our map for directions to Canoe City
questions? eartt16@aol.com
Old 11-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
clipper1

EAR,

Hoping to attend

Rich
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
kpans

Default Hi Ed

I will bake some beer bread and brownies and and bring down - can't kayak as I have to be to work by 3:00 pm but I'll see ya all off as you roll on down the river!

Pat Stevens
kpans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
EAR

Weather doesn't look too bad for Sat., high 30's and no rain, but most important, very light winds. Last year I was blown around in my canoe with the wind.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
EAR

Nice turnout, nice day for the Chili Run. We had 20 people total and 12 of these went out for the hour and a half paddle. Mid 30's and calm with a little bit of sun through the thin winter clouds. When we got back from the paddle, the others had the chile hot, and the hot dogs almost ready. A cup of hot mulled cider to wash it down and I was a happy fellow. Thank to everybody for bringing all the stuff to make a fine winter picnic. Chili, hot dogs, cornbread, beerbread, brownies, cookies, chips and dip, hot cocoa, cider and more. We hung out around the fire for another hour and a half and kicked around a few ideas for next years runs. A great day.
Keep an eye on our site for the upcoming dinner party info in January.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
JPTolson

I still consider myself a newbie with TCT, but after a little over a year in the club, it's clear that there are some really neat traditions, the winter Chilly Chili Paddle being just one of them. Thanks to the trip/picnic organizers. It was a wonderful day on the river and a good excuse to avoid Christmas shopping.
JPTolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
clipper1

My first trip outing with TCT, and god willing, first of many. What a great group of people. I usually feel like the odd duck out on the pond, I've learned not to tell others about my adventures paddling, especially when the temp is below 45 degrees. Saturday I felt right at home, and each and everyone was gracious, hospitable and fun. Thanks to all who contibuted, and for doing it in such fine style.

Rich
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote